Monday 28 September 2015

Story by our parents!

As you may recall, we had an activity in Bhasha Utsav wherein parents were adding one sentence at a time, to create a story. Here is the final copy of it.

It was a rainy Saturday morning and I was running late for work. My car broke down and I had to take a lift from a stranger. I was anxious and excited at the same time since he looked very familiar. I thought I saw him somewhere before in a shop. He had a large mustache and dark brown eyes that pierced right through me. He was looking scary and sent shivers down my spine. Suddenly, he pulled out a gun. I was terrified. He said, "Don't worry, it's a toy!" Why would anyone do such a thing? Maybe he worked for a theater company, I thought. He was rehearsing for his role in the play that was going to be aired shortly, wherein he had to play a kind-heart. When I knew that, I felt much relieved. After all, I guessed, today was not the day to die. Knowing that, I was relieved and I wished him good luck with his role and continued walking towards my office. I had hardly gone a few steps when I heard a BOOM!!! that sounded like a gun shot!! As I looked up I realized the nail pierced his tyre and it became flat, making that sound. I called him to my office for a cup of coffee. It turns out he was my distant cousin. Very distant. We haven't met since last fifteen years or so. Things change and so has our relationship but it could be better had I kept in touch with my cousins.

Good job, parents and thank you for your participation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment